In Trance We Trust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Trance We Trust

MTV Can Suck My MotherF##king Dick

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wtfing with ear problems...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
J.J.

J.J.

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Wtfing with ear problems... Empty
PostSubject: Wtfing with ear problems...   Wtfing with ear problems... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 12:55 am

I got this medicine, Carbamazepine for my ear crackling and tinnitus. I do experience less intense tinnitus and perhaps less ear crackling.

But there is a catch.

I started to notice that music I hear sounded strange. I perceive it at a lower pitch. At first I thought it was my computer or my sound card malfunctioning. I restarted. I noticed the beep you hear when you turn on your computer has also changed to a lower pitch. I logged in, checked the background processes, equalizer, when my cellphone rang. It had a lowered pitch too. Then it hit me. IT'S MY EARS.

After researching about the side effects of the meds, I learn that I now have to bear with an auditory problem which is a pitch shift, which means I hear musical notes about a semitone lower than it actually is. Apparently there are few cases of this as most people don't seem to notice it and that only musicians and people with absolute pitch would be very bothered about it.

The problem now is I do notice it and it is taking the fun out of listening to music.

Wtfness.
Back to top Go down
matt85
Admin
matt85

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Wtfing with ear problems...   Wtfing with ear problems... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 5:43 pm

It sounds bad.

If i were you, i'd jump down from a building.

No, you shouldn't jump Neutral

Chill bro, you don't need to take the medicine forever, right?
Back to top Go down
k_yagami

k_yagami

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Wtfing with ear problems...   Wtfing with ear problems... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 9:57 pm

Get well soon man, hope that the side effect is only temporary...
Back to top Go down
J.J.

J.J.

PostSubject: Re: Wtfing with ear problems...   Wtfing with ear problems... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 2:50 pm

I was able to cope with it by shifting the pitch of music I listen up by one semitone and it sounded ok again lol

I'm off the meds now, and my hearing is gradually returning to normal (thank God) and I check it by playing that sound your computer makes when you plug in a usb device, it seems that I know that sound well enough to be able to tell if it is distorted by a pitch shift.

Next time I'll research the meds first before I pop them.

Thanks for the concern guys I really appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
matt85
Admin
matt85

Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Wtfing with ear problems...   Wtfing with ear problems... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 4:16 pm

Glad to be of any help Smile

But seriously, med practictioners are fcked up nowadays, make you pop dangerous stuffs Sleep
Back to top Go down
Dani_Legal
Admin
Dani_Legal

Number of posts : 125

PostSubject: lol   Wtfing with ear problems... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:35 am

same problem here
doctor saids
my inner cell died 20%
high pitch sound with low volume cannot hear at all
i stop DJ for few months d

hopefully ntg happen
Back to top Go down
https://musicistheanswer.forumotion.com
J.J.

J.J.

PostSubject: Re: Wtfing with ear problems...   Wtfing with ear problems... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 10:15 am

Dani_Legal wrote:
same problem here
doctor saids
my inner cell died 20%
high pitch sound with low volume cannot hear at all
i stop DJ for few months d

hopefully ntg happen

That sucks. But it's usually normal for DJs to get this problem...

I hope it's nothing bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wtfing with ear problems...   Wtfing with ear problems... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wtfing with ear problems...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
In Trance We Trust :: Others :: Lounge-
Jump to: